- Parsec - a
C-based, process oriented, parallel, discrete event simulation language.
- Csim - a commercial C-based,
process-oriented, parallel, discrete-event simulation language.
Simulation Libraries and Frameworks
- Ptolemy - the Ptolemy
project studies modeling, simulation, and design of concurrent, real-time,
embedded systems, with a focus on the assembly of concurrent components.
- J-Sim - a Java-based,
component-oriented, compositional simulation framework.
- an object-oriented logical-process view discrete-event simulation kernel.
Simulation Runtimes and Kernels
- Georgia Tech. Time Warp simulation kernel.
- a scalable process-oriented, conservatively synchronized parallel
- Parsimony -
a threaded, distributed, Java-based simulation kernel.
- SPEEDES - Synchronous Parallel
Environment for Emulation and Discrete-Event Simulation.
Excellent, broader and more complete lists of simulation-related resources can
be found at
- ns2 - a discrete event
simulator targeted at networking research, with support for simulation of
TCP, and numerous routing, and multicast protocols.
- PDNS -
a conservatively parallel, distributed ns2 implementation.
- GloMoSim - a
scalable simulation environment for wireless network systems written in
- a collection of SSFNet-compatible simulation components for modeling